Wednesday 27 August 2008

Stagnant propery pool

So I am still here and still looking for a potential first flat to purchase.

I don't think there is ever a good time to be looking and although all the talk of a possible freeze to stamp duty and further price falls on flats does concern me I have waited a long time to be able to afford anywhere so I want to keep looking- and hope that I might be able to get a bit of a bargain.

The real problem I have found and am finding is that the market is so stagnant and there aren't very many new flats becoming available where I am looking.

I assume this is because those who don't have to move are probably waiting. I feel like I spend my days looking at the same details hoping that somehow the 500 square foot flat will have morphed into a 600 square foot one or stopped having scary looking bars on the windows.

I don't want this blog to be like a constant moan about estate agents because I am hearing back from some very good ones but some of them really do mystify me.

There are at least 2 properties which I have requested details for more than twice and I am just not hearing back from them. I have said i have a 25% deposit and am ready to go and... nothing... but they never appear to be sold or under offer.

I think they don't like you enquiring over the internet but I always list all my contact details so they could try and call me!

I wonder how many vendors know that enquiries have been made about their flats and those enquiring are not being answered.

Bizarre.

No comments: