Wednesday 13 August 2008

An introduction

A Home of One's Own borrows from Virginia Woolf's famous essay title: A Room of One's Own.

Woolf argued in this essay that 'a woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction'. I am stretching this idea to say that in the modern world young women and men must have a home of their own to both feel and be perceived as successful and, to my mind more importantly, to develop and grow.

I am female and am 27 but I would like this blog to be relevant to anyone of any age, whether they own or aspire to own property, or not, or don't!

For the sake of background and context I live in south- west London and work in central London. That hopefully doesn't mean this blog will be Londoncentric. I love London very much and obviously it is perhaps what I know best and what I will have experience of- but I am interest in the property market madness across the UK.

No comments: