Monday 24 November 2008

Safe as houses

I feel a bit like a child who isn't listening to their parents telling them to eat peas today.

I am sitting here with my hands effectively over my ears saying la la la while even more turmoil engulfs the economy looking at houses (yes houses, but ones I can't really afford in areas I don't want to live in because a house is perhaps a better investment). What always amazes me about houses is that they are often not that much more expensive than flats but you are obviously getting so much more. The problem is, of course, that they are still too expensive!

Still I can't help thinking there is a reason the expression safe as houses exists and that they probably are a better investment, even when they are somewhere you don't want to live as much.

No comments: